It has been so long! I haven't seen my blog in months! Although it seemed like a good while, it was a much needed break, for the most wonderful thing has happened...in December, Joel and I found out that we are pregnant! For the past three months I was too sick for the all-of-a-sudden-awful task of reading and writing, but I only have a couple more weeks and I shall be done with the nausea and enter the happiness of a baby belly! Actually, I already do have a bump, but I am afraid that it is partly a result of eating everything I see, all day long. Right now I am in front of the fire with a layout of steak, roasted veggies, a salad, mushroom ravioli and delicious coffee (decaf!). sigh. What a lovely day it is! And the snow from last night is still on the ground!
So many new things:
1) We are pregnant!! Our baby is due on September 15th, and I have NO idea how I will be able to wait that long. I am looking forward to sewing baby things, trying out the world of maternity clothes (I have some ideas about this...) and having the constant company of my own little baby with me for nine whole months!
2) My husband's wonderful parents and littlest sister were here for a week-long visit! We spent the first two days in San Francisco, eating amazing food and exploring parks and museums. We then drove down to Pebble Beach and stayed for lunch in my new-favorite-city: Carmel. Oh, it was a week of absolute bliss as my gracious mother-in-law made me soups and pasta, shopped with me, and cleaned my house! I was able to rest and be refreshed by their company and goodness...Thank you, Gray, Mac, and Rebekah!
3) I have pictures to post! All are from this past week, and I am very excited to share them. Joel and I also want to start a weekly belly (covered, of course!) photo shoot, and I am hoping that this will start today. I want my momma to see her baby's baby growing!
4) It snowed! It is not suppossed to snow on the beach of Northern California, but it did last night and I was asleep for the whole event. Once it started, Joel ran upstairs to tell me, but at that moment snow was a very ordinary and petty thing compared to the throes of nausea. Thankfully, there was still snow leftover this morning, and I was up for a walk to the car (the car lots in Sea Ranch, by the way, are pretty far from your nice warm houses) to enjoy it.
5) I can't wait for my husband to get home today!